Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Codependent Prayer Challenge

Introducing....


The 'Codependent Prayer' Challenge!
(If you choose to accept it)

We all have one right?  That prayer of all prayers where we express our deep seeded desire for God to fix our husbands so we can be happy.  That prayer that begs God to put up roadblocks, blur temptations, erase thoughts and pretty much play master puppeteer for our husband's life.

That prayer that begs God to remove his agency...
...so we can have some sense of control.

Here's mine:

(What's yours? Blog it!)

Dear Heavenly Father,

I need you to help my husband
He spends soooo much time on the computer
It really bothers me
Can you instill in him the desire to spend more time with his family?
I'm afraid that he's going to be tempted by something when he's on there
Can you please make him not be tempted?
Or
If he is
Can you please somehow make the computer not work?
Like, nothing big, but, just like make the power cord pop out right when he gets tempted
Because
He could take that as a sign
Maybe you could even impress strongly on his mind the words
"THIS.IS.A.SIGN"
Right when the power cord pops out
I really wish he would focus more on recovery
I need him to work recovery so that I won't have to continually check his history
If he wasn't tempted I wouldn't have to check it
It drives me crazy that I have to do that
I wish he'd see the Bishop more too
Can you please whisper to the Bishop to call him in?
I know the Bishop listens to you
I really think that if he sees the Bishop regularly that he'll be better
... that he won't act out anymore or mess up anymore
Oh and while your at it...
... can you tell me what else I need to do to fix him?
I already...
...monitor all his accounts
...check his pockets when I do laundry
...GPS track him on the "Find Friends" app to see where he is
but not that often
...maybe only like 10 times a day.
...I secretly log into his email account and check his received, sent, spam, deleted and pretty  much every box on there
....actually, I have his email address as an account on my phone.
He doesn't know though so it's OK.
I mean...
...it only matters that he keeps secrets from me, not that I keep secrets from him.
Oh, and I also secretly check his phone when he's sleeping.
But that's just to make sure he hasn't accessed any bad sites or text another woman.
... so far I haven't found anything
But I just know I will so I keep doing it
... it's for his own good.
Please Heavenly Father..
Make him be good. I can only be happy if he's good.
And
I know you want me to be happy.
So you'll do this for me ...
Right?

I love you,

Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have Mr scabs email accounts on my phone either. hehee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For about the first paragraph I thought this was real and I was worried. haha.

    ReplyDelete