Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Mother Earth



We were recently challenged by Dr. Skinner at Addo Recovery to walk barefoot in the grass.  He said it to be therapeutic and healing.  

I do love walking barefoot in the grass but I find myself lacking the time to do so.  I am surrounded by perpetual homework, dishes, laundry, work, dirty diapers and any other everyday fiasco that happens to manifest itself.

But yesterday was different.  I got home from work and my little 3 year old greeted me outside.  He asked me if he could ride his "big bike" that he recently received for his birthday.  Normally I'd be in a rush.  A rush to get inside and get the house clean or more likely just to sit and veg after a long day.  But instead, I decided that it was a great idea to let him ride his bike.  An even better idea was to relax in my lounge chair, take my shoes off and let my feet rest in the cool grass.

And that I did....

I sat silently with the creak of the pedals in the background while I concentrated on connecting with the earth.  

Mother Earth 
Beautiful mother Earth 
Who has sacrificed herself to horrible torture and destruction
...so that
We can have a firm and solid place to work our way back to Father  
She is living  
She willingly submits because she loves us 
...but more so 
Because she loves Father  
She is perfect in her faith and humility 
....as 
She willingly submits to whatever God asks of her  
She will have her redemption  
She will be cleansed and take her rightful place next to Kolob
...because 
She knows her purpose,
Her worth 
...and 
Her value  
She doesn't resist 
but stands steadfast 
....and 
Still  

I am full of gratitude for her, and feel privileged to be gravitated to her, to touch her, walk on her and partake of her beauty.  

I am committed to walk barefoot more often, to be closer to her, for in doing so, I am closer to God.


3 comments:

  1. hm. wow. very thought provoking. Thanks :)
    And now I just want to go and sit outside with my feet in the grass. That sounds lovely. In fact, I think I will tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my shoes off at the park today and appreciated the blades of grass I saw growing there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swam in the ocean today. My wife did too! I had forgotten how good that sand feels between your toes.

    ReplyDelete